La Città - quick rules
Construct the largest possible cities with the best features.
- Buildings in 6 types
- Each player gets 4 Castles, 4 citizens, his 3 action cards face up before himself, 1 gold piece, 1 overview card.
- Shuffle the politics cards, openly display 7 cards.
- Shuffle the voice-of-the-people cards and put the deck on board.
- Determine the start player.
- Shuffle the landscape tiles and put openly on board.
- Clockwise all players place 1 Castle + 3 citizens, then
counter-clockwise 1 Castle + 3 citizens, receiving food tokens
as well per farm as indicated (large chips = 5 points)
Course of the Game
- Start player revolves clockwise (not in 1st round)
- Deal 4 of the voice-of-the-people cards face down with the 1st card face up
- Each player receives 1 gold piece per mountain (for quarries).
- In each city add 1 citizen to a max. 5 Citizens/city, 8 with market place, after that unlimited with well or bath house.
- 5 Political rounds, each player plays a card or an action card (but only four cards for player with starvation in last round)
- Carry out action card: take one of these actions, then flip over card
- Take 2 gold pieces or
- Establish new city (max. 1 per game round) : Castle on free field with at least a 3 Field interval. Receives 1 citizen out of other Castle + 2 citizens from pool, food tokens per agriculture as well as indicated, or
- Erect building with 0-1 arches: may not connect to another city!, place there 1 surplus citizen from Castle, well/bath only at water, food token for farm per agriculture as well as indicated, extra citizen received for market place
- Take politics card: carry out immediately, flip over, supplement. Take forbidden if execution not possible. Colored citizens designate rich harvest and bread & circuses. Rich harvest not in the 6th game year
- Reveal voice-of-the-people cards: majority is the citizens' wish, if tied: city owner chooses for each city
- Migration of citizens in player sequence
- 1 citizens comes to your city from neighbors within 3 spaces if yours is better in the area of the citizens' wish and if you do not exceed your population limits (i.e. due to marketplace and water)
- Dismantle empty buildings from outside in, give up food tokens for lost farms
- Per player for each not colored citizen, a food token must be available, otherwise a citizen starves (dies)
- Unpopulated buildings are removed from the board
- Discard consumed politics cards (re-shuffle if exhausted), turn up action cards, colored citizens removed
End of the Game
- The game ends after 6 rounds (game years)
- 1 Point per citizen
- 3 Bonus points per city with all 3 types of features.
- -5 points for starvation in last game year
- the player with most points wins, if tied, the one with the gold majority
© Mario Boller-Olfert 2000